Deferred Prosecution Employment and Training Program (First Offenders)
Deferred Prosecution Employment and Training is a Dane County supported program focused on providing job seeking assistance and training services for FoodShare recipients who are involved in Dane County’s Deferred Prosecution Program. The goal of this program is to reduce recidivism and help program participants obtain and maintain gainful employment reducing their need for supportive programming through the courts and human services. A majority of the individuals in this program have multiple barriers to employment. Staff utilize a thorough assessment of each participant to create an individualized plan to help them address their barriers and develop strategies to obtain the confidence, skills and experience that they need to be successful in our community. Programming includes but is not limited to:
- Skills Assessment and Interest Inventory
- Soft Skills Training
- Basic Job Seeking Skills Instruction including Mock-Interviewing, Addressing Tough Interview Questions, etc.
- Resume, Cover Letter and Job Application Assistance
- Time Management (balancing treatment, counseling, employment, restitution and other court ordered responsibilities)
- Referrals to other Employment and Training Programming and Training Activities at the Dane County Job Center and throughout the community
- Job Placement and Job Development
- Job Retention Services
- Transportation and Supportive Services
If you are interested in learning more about this program or would like to participate as a training partner, please contact Patricia at (608) 242-4543.